Getting students to and through college.

Ways to Give

How You Can Support Higher Edge

Join us at any level –
Together we can change lives one college degree at a time!

One-Time Gift
Make a one-time gift with a check/credit card online at Or, consider setting up a sustaining gift in either monthly or quarterly installments.

Donor Advised Fund or Private Foundation
If you have a donor advised fund or a private foundation, Higher Edge – as a 501(c)(3) public charity (EIN: 46-2852512) is an eligible recipient for a grant.

Matching Gift Opportunities
Check for any matching gift opportunities from your employer or other organization. For example, Charter Oak Federal Credit Union will match members’ charitable donations during a certain time period each year.

Donate stock and get a tax deduction for the full fair market value of the stock on the date of transfer and you pay no capital gains tax.

IRA Charitable Rollover or QCD
If you are 70 1⁄2 or older, an IRA Charitable Rollover (or Qualified Charitable Distribution “QCD”) might be a tax-wise way to give. You can make a direct transfer of up to $100,000 per year to a qualified charity like Higher Edge, without having to count the transfer as income for federal tax purposes. Your gift does not qualify for a charitable deduction, but counts toward your required minimum distribution (RMD).

Is helping young people access educational opportunities part of your legacy? Let us know if you might consider a gift through your will, a trust or by naming Higher Edge as a beneficiary of a retirement plan. It’s a gift that costs you nothing in your lifetime but makes a difference for generations of students to come!

Contact Katie Hallisey, Executive Director at

This is not meant to serve as tax or legal advice. Please consult your tax advisor on the advantages of these options.